Tip/Tilt Piezo Beam-Steering platform
Tip/Tilt Piezo Beam-Steering platforms are designed based on a parallel kinematik model.
Depending on the number of actuators used to actuate the platform there are:
- single axis (tip only) platforms using one piezo stack
- two axis (tip/tilt) platforms using two piezo stacks
- three axis (tip/tilt and Z) using three piezo stacks.
- a 2 axis design is using 4 piezo stack when the control must be kept simple.
Tip/Tilt Piezo Beam-Steering platform are capable of nanopositioning with resolutions down to sub microradian.
They are used for in many applications such as:
- Optical Tweezers & Optical Traps
- Lasers and photonics